7/23/11

testing the waters--words only for now

WARNING: this is FULL ON baby book style. no pics at this point. will try to add some at a different time. this is attempt number 35 to post this on the 2nd day as blogspot wasn't publishing my posts yesterday. if i have trouble today, i'll likely convert this to a book if that's possible and switch to wordpress or something. we'll see.
________________________ :)

July 23, 2011
first day of summer... or at least that's what it feels like... FINALLY some SUNSHINE and temps in the low 80s! feels AWESOME! too much grey and rain and chill... ugh. so YYAAAAYYY MR SUNSHINE!!!!! YAAAAYYY MR. SUNBEAM!!!

Fun things/sayings from the past few months... no particular order:

-Mommy, I a baaayybeee. I can't walk. I can't talk. eeeehhhhh eeeeeeeehhh. Mommy are babies whiney? (uh, noooo). mommy i need to hold baby plaire (claire). sheeee liiiiikes meeee!
-WHHHAAAATTT? (super high voice) whassthis ford (cord) doing ouuuuuutttttt... silllyyyyy.
-No, I just showing you (justification of bad/less than perfect behavior starts early)
-I need see whass in 'ere.
-Why you have thiss thinggg.
-Can I have this cord?
-I not like corn. It has yucky juice in it when I eat it. (as decided today)
-I going to a grocery store. (what are you going to buy?) I going to buyyyyy... cinnmon toass crunch, annnnn milk, annnnnnn bananas, annnnn you need zucchini?, annnnn what else you need? I have that (nodding head). I have that (nodding).
-Mom, i need some pipe connectors. (for what)? to connect my pipes. so i can put gas in my firetruck.
-Whass yer lass name?
-Why der do _______
-Why der don't _______
-Where you plug this cord in? What's these foorrrds doing down here?
-Daddy, I neeed you to put this puzzle piece in cuz you have long arms.
-I grow taller an tall!
-Mommy, I getting big.
-Where you get x in the grocery store?
-I need to waaaaaaaaaaaater.
-Whass this x for (in reference to the construction of a new house going on next door--i've learned a TON!)?
-Mom. I done eating. My pipes are full.
-GI anatomy according to j: I put my food in my mouth annn it goes down this pipe (pointing to his throat), and down this pipe (tummy) and down this pipe (pointing to his foot), annn back up to this pipe (pointing to his eye). ... to give it poowwwwwerrrr. It has fords. (cords; still pointing to his eye).
-Parasitology according to j: Mommy, I have a earthworm in my tummy. (really? what's it doing in there?) eating my food. (oh. how did it get there?) see, it's in my tummy and it went downdowndown my leg and out my foot.
-No mommy, I not have to make pees, it not go down down down my pipes, no.
-when der break this x (radio, table, chair, house, tool, toy, etc etc etc), when? how der break x, how? why der break this, why? what this too-uhl for, what?
-Mommy, I want a pick-nick. (eating a sandwich on our 2 deck chairs on the front deck). I want a sannwich.
-Mommy, I need ta hammerr. hammerrr. hammerrrr. hammerrrr. hammerrrrr!
-Mommy looooook, that car has no LID! (convertible)
-Mommy, why we move from our old compartment? i miss our old compartment. can we go to the park by our old compartment?
-Mommy lesss go on a DATE to the japaneeeeeeeeessssee ruhfrant (restaurant) so i can have miso SOUP annn gyoza annnn shrmp tmpra.

fav hymns have really diversified... 400, 102, 318, 103, 32, 48, 30, 409, 319, 303, 1, 2, 220, 337, 341, 84, 232, 173, 92, 93, 58, 392, 207, 85, 10, 219, 372, 125, 105, 78, 373, 389, ??
I know that seems like a lot, but this child literally sings hymn for much of the day unless he's in situations he's feeling shy. he wakes up singing, goes to sleep singing. it's amazing. i'm thankful. it sure helps my spirit throughout the day. he knows at least 1 verse of ea. of the hymns, a few he knows all, some he knows 2. crazy.

he likes to play mtg now that isn't just regular Bible study... now he sets up a lego tower to be his microphone and leads the mtg. he has us sing 1-2 hymns (he likes choosing random numbers like 2 forty 2 1)... then he prays (" Our Father thank you for this food, we love mommy and daddy, and for joy, wiwingness, peace, nuh nuh hun hnnhuhnnnn , amen--the last part in a sing songy voice). then he sings. then he prays. then he sings and sits down looking at the microphone. :) and i need to be sitting right there as if i'm in the chairs. i love it. so one day, i said, "do you think you're going to be a worker some day?" and he said in a tone that suggested he was surprised at me for asking, "Mommm, i already a worker." so there ya have it.

buuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt...
lest you think that I think i'm raising a spiritually advanced kid... he also likes katy perry, wants me to turn up a random britney spears song (i figure, as long as i can't understand the words we're ok, yet), he tends to like techno dance music from the radio more than rock, tho there are exceptions, too... and he doesn't protest to country either. bluegrass is great as long as he can get his little hippie bounce going. he totally digs esperanza spalding's complex jazz ... and likes to hear violins, double bass, and saxophones. sooooo... i just need to expose him to a little more foo fighters to balance out all the nn-tiss nn-tiss nn-tiss.

he's just generally full of a billion questions... his words are really getting clear... except when he puts on this funny little intellectual sounding accent... and then basically i'm the only one that can decifer that one... i have no iea where he gets that one... it's not a voice i do, i don't think... and if anyone knows my heritage, we do have a lot of different voices. ;)

he loves to help/watch daddy weedwack, still loves vacuums, loves to help use the mixer and bake things, make rice krispie bars, etc. his current bkfst of choice is cinnamon toast crunch... or a blueberry muffin and honey yogurt... yay! yogurt is making a reappearance! whoo whooooo! he also loves waffles, and chipotles, vanilla jills, etc etc...

sometimes (for the last 6mo), before he goes to sleep for the night, he'll say, "Mommy, I wannnnnnnnnt, waffles in a waffle iron, pancakes in a pancake iron, choklate chip cookies, annnnnnnnnnnn, what else shall we have??" and then i say, "applesauce with cinnamon," and he says, "okkkkaaaaaaaayyyyyy"... and then i say, "we'll see what we can do"... love you! hee hee. :)

and his new one is, "mommy, what you goin to dream about? what daddy goin to dream about? what nana boat goin to dream about?" then i ask him... and he says, "SNAKES!" but they won't eat me while i sleep, mommy. so i say, nope, they'll be your friends (don't want any nightmares)... :) i love these exchanges. :)

anyway...

i know i'm missing a ton... but had to get these down.
pics later... if i can find the cord for the camera to upload them... i put it in a very special place during the move so i would for sure know where to find it. yeah.

kz